Okay, so as you people may know (if you don't that's okay), I am a student at Full Sail who is working on a minor in Game Art, and a major in Game Design. And just last night, I got into this crazy conversation over ideas on what a new Pokémon game should look like. When I presented my ideas to
, she was nearly amazed at the ideas that I had brought to the table. This would, by far, be one of my greatest ideas since, well, EVER!
So, without further ado, you people should know about my idea for a Pokémon game:
- Okay, so the first idea topic I want to cover is the region[s] that would be in the game. First and foremost, does everyone remember the remakes of Silver and Gold for the DS? Once you were done with the Johto League, you were allowed to go to Kanto, and complete the Kanto/Indigo League. The idea that I had in mind was that you could travel to multiple regions. And I don't mean just two different regions, I mean ALL the Regions up to now! That's right, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. I would also add in two additional regions for the game itself: a Paradise-like region called Burokis, where the Region itself is just one BIG island with all the towns and cities. The second is a desert-like region called Saloka, whereas the region is mainly consisted of desert, with cities being near some forests (Note, my ideas come from the region of Australia (Burokis), and the country of Egypt (Saloka). My reasoning for this idea was revolved around us being strictly prohibited to one region only (Yeah, Soul Silver and Heart Gold were lenient, thank you.). People should be able to free roam wherever they want, I mean, Pokémon is an RPG of sorts, so where's all the fun when you're prohibited from journeying in all the regions? Also, one final idea in mind concerning the regions: What region will you start out in? That's right, what region do you want to start out in?
- With the releases of Pokémon X and Y, our trainer went through some changes: One being that our character was playable in a full 3D world (sprite was 3D, instead of the typical 2D, while the world around the trainer was 3D), and the second change was that we were allowed to customize what our character looked like. So, addressing the idea at hand, We should be able to play the game with the same look we had in X, Y, and the soon-to-be released Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. The second idea at hand would be to keep the character customization, but to add on to the fun, When we start the game, we should be able to customize our character from there as well as customize him/her in-game.
- This will probably go against all the standards of Pokémon, seeing as the game is purposefully silent, but could we get some VA's in here for this idea? I know this goes against the standards, but come on, everyone's silently wished for voice overs in the Pokémon games. That not only goes for NPCs, but for the player's trainer as well.
- Okay, so most of the people like the idea of being able to battle and trade in Pokémon, so let's add that in... BUT WAIT! Why stop there with the idea? I was thinking; when you connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi, the trainers from other people's games will appear in your game. What does that entail? It's just typical, it's not rocket science: You approach the trainer, press A, and you can access Battle Mode and Trading Mode.
- Now, since Pokémon X and Y were released, we were drawn in by an intriguing storyline, instead of just going through the typical process of going to a city, meeting people, and going from there in the story, the story of X and Y drew us in: Five friends, all drawn together by destiny, go on a Pokémon quest, and learn a little something about each other. That was not the case with the games prior to this game's release. So, instead of just throwing it out there with no storyline, we should be able to add an INTRIGUING storyline to each and every Region we go to. See how I used intriguing there?
- Okay, this is a new idea that came right out of the oven. So, remember the Pokémon games Yellow, SoulSilver, HeartGold, Diamond, and Pearl? In Yellow, we were followed around by Pikachu. In SoulSilver and HeartGold, we were allowed to choose which Pokémon would be following us. See where I'm going with this idea? If you are, then score one for you! My idea here is we get to choose which Pokémon would be following us via Pokémon Amie. AND I mean the Pokémon would be following us in the Overworld.
- and I agree the idea of this would make things easier for us, but instead of just ONE Save, there should be an upgrade to that, maybe three save boxes where we can play as three different trainers we've created.
- An idea that's long been wonderful to have in the Pokémon series is being able to take Snapshots (3DS) and being able to record our best battles (3DS and GBA) to show off to the world. With this game idea, we'd be able to take Snapshots, and even show off more than just one of our best battles.
- Seeing as we're getting into the world of Mega Evolutions for Pokémon, we should broaden our horizons a bit, and add more Mega Evolutions in the game.
- Okay, so Minigames in Pokémon are a huge hit with all of the titles, so why not add all the Minigames, and then some? The more, the better! I'm also referring to Pokémon Competitions, Battle Tents, Battle Towers, Gambling (seeing as that made its way into Pokémon), and then some additional mini games for your Pokémon to play.
So, that's that, and that's all the ideas I could bring in for a Pokémon game. However, seeing as the amount of ideas that would be poured into a game like this, I would more than likely see this on a WiiU than a handheld console game. The ideas I did mention do seem like they would be better for the WiiU than the 3DS.
Anyways, that's all my ideas for now, so, what do you think? Agree with my ideas for a Pokémon game? Would GameFreak hire me for an idea like this? Do you have any ideas that would make Pokémon better? Let me know down below, okay?
Until next time!